The X-Men Are Back.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Variable X-Men

+4
Artemis Watson
Colin Wagner
Alex McCoy
Drake Thorne
8 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Variable X-Men - Page 5 Empty Re: Variable X-Men

Post by Lilibae Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:43 pm

Lara blinked as Alex spoke. She didn't particularly respect him, nor recognize his authority. She just saw him as another peer. He always seemed nice, and since he wasn't a student her position as a prefect didn't bother him. He was enjoyable to speak to, and so intelligent. He could be considered a friend, perhaps.

Lilibae

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Watson Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:19 pm

Ellis wandered into Mutant History, returning to his first outfit. He took a seat, rolling his eyes after briefly looking over the class--Again. He took particular notice of the couple that had entered, allowing a deep sigh of disappointment to fall. "10 bucks on them being generic contrarians..." He muttered to himself, folding his arms.
--
Artemis stood just outside Power Usage, leaning against the doorframe's accompanying wall. He wore a bright yellow hoodie over a pink graphic tee, reading "Lights Off". Bright blue leggings and yellow, rubber high-tops finished off the outfit, put together in a few minutes after a period-long nap.
Artemis Watson
Artemis Watson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex McCoy Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:23 pm

"Arty! A pleasure to have you join us." Alex exclaimed, however not being in eyesight of the door, or having any visual confirmation he was there. All he had to do was hear him, the pattern in which he walks, his breathing patterns, he could tell this about everyone that was now inside of the mansion.
Alex McCoy
Alex McCoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilibae Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:35 am

Lara didn't make any visible movement. She had also been aware of Arty's presence and identity, as she would wager a number of other's in the room were. Many of them had a heightened awareness, enhanced senses and the like.
"Could we start class, Alex? Now that everyone's here." She said, as she listened to Arty walk in.

Lilibae

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Watson Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:52 am

"Ah, sorry kids." Arty called, walking into the classroom. He immediately made his way to Alex's desk, leaning over the surface. "Mind gathering the team during the break? Got some material for the after-school presentation." He said, looking briefly to the students afterward, flashing a small smile.
Artemis Watson
Artemis Watson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilibae Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:33 am

Lara batted her eyes as she walked into the meeting room of the sub-basement. As the girl's reigning prefect, one of her many duties to observe and act on the team when necessary. Being that she had very little to do outside of academics, being most students feared her swift, disciplining hand. Lara had somewhat of a reputation of being a hard-ass and a bitch, but people were beginning to notice that she'd been loosening up.
She started sorting through the various idle holograms, bored when no one else has yet to show up.

Lilibae

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Olson Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:56 am

Blake entered the meeting room of the sub-basement, standing near Lara. Lara had invited her down to the meeting, and Blake had gratefully accepted her invitation. She had been through rigorous trainings and scenarios to prep her for a mission, but this would be her first.
Blake Olson
Blake Olson

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Watson Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:07 am

Artemis made his way down to the meeting room, carrying his uniform in his old leather satchel. Nodding in greeting to the pair, e moved to the table.. "How'd you get down here?" He asked, raising a brow to Blake.
Artemis Watson
Artemis Watson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilibae Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:18 pm

"As prefect," Lara cut in. "I'm entitled to all sorts of comforts and privileges." Lara smiled at Artemis. She wondered if he could read her mind, and where all the others were.

Lilibae

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Wagner Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:36 pm

Colin entered the meeting room, his old uniform in his backpack. He walked over to Arty. "Hey, Art. Do you mind, once you've got the time, updating my uni? It's kind of, outdated. You know?" He asked, shrugging it off as if it wasn't that big of a deal, when it really was a problem.
Colin Wagner
Colin Wagner
Admin

https://x-men-reborn.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex McCoy Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:38 pm

Alex entered the meeting room. "Lara, you may be a prefect, but don't be a snobby bitch about it." He said, unlike his normal 'calm and collected' teacher self. He wasn't teaching right now, he could act how he wanted. "And Blake, on the other hand, just wants to fit in and act like she belongs." He said, grinning at Artemis as he spoke.
Alex McCoy
Alex McCoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Watson Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:53 pm

Artemis sighed softly, shifting focus to the table. "Yeah, sure. Just give me the info--And, Blake, try not to get in the way." He called, "Oh, and I totally can." He continued, looking up to Lara, grinning with a smug tinge. "Anyone else on their way?"
Artemis Watson
Artemis Watson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex McCoy Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:48 pm

"Lara, I know that you think you're allowed down here, being a prefect and all. But I'd prefer you not. So from now on, I please ask that you get permission from me, or another high staff member, to be down here. Either that, or if I need you down here for a specific reason. So please don't just assume that you can do as you please." Alex said, nodding and smiling as he made his way over to Artemis. "Alright, give me the short run of things. What do you want to go over today?"
Alex McCoy
Alex McCoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilibae Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:28 pm

"Actually Alex," Lara said, interuppting him. "I don't appreciate the verbal abuse, especially given I'm your student. I understand where you're coming from, but if you've an issue I'll address it if you present it in a cordial manner. To be frank," she said, glancing to the side. "It's just rude. I am officiated by Ms. Monroe, the woman who gave me my position. And while I respectfully would have honored your wish, the lack of manner you've presented has led me to decline."
Lara hated this. The tightness in her chest, that erratic beat of her heart; she folded her arms close to her chest. She had been a victim of bullying before, but her advent at the institute had taught her to stand-up for herself and others. "If you've an issue talk to Storm. I think she has a class at the moment, but I digress."
In an effort to avoid the awkward silence, she turned to Arty. "Does today's meeting have to do with that new company, Gene-Tech? The one that's trying to harvest the genes from supposed volunteers? We all know how corporations like that have worked out in the past," she said rolling her eyes. "Just this morning I got a flyer from them in my mailbox, as did the guy whose mailbox is situated next to mine..."

Lilibae

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Watson Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:36 pm

Artemis looked to Alex, biting tenderly into his lower lip as he shrugged, before looking to Lara with a small smile. "Uh... Yeah, spokesman presentation after school, just wanted to.. Um, brief you all with the information." He answered, struggling to focus his eyes on the prefect.
Pulling a folder from his satchel, he set the material on the table, before beginning to go through its contents. "Uh... Broadcast..." He muttered, looking to Alex for help as he organized the written information. "Oh--Shit, are we... Waiting for Scarlet?"
Artemis Watson
Artemis Watson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilibae Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:42 pm

Lara shrugged. "I can debrief her later, if that would help?" She said, twirling her pony-tail around her finger. "I don't know where she is, at the moment..." Lara pursed her lips, using a finger to pull her brown sleeve back, checking her watch.

Lilibae

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex McCoy Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:00 pm

"Actually Lara, you're dismissed. I will have someone email you the details that go on during the remainder of this meeting, and I hope you find your way back upstairs. Any following concerns can be taken up with Storm, however she may have a class at the moment, but I digress." Alex snapped, emphasis on 'digress.' However, still calm. "And another thing. You may have come to believe you have some power at this school, and that may be so. But you have no, nor will you ever, have power over me. Get in line, or get out of my school."
Alex McCoy
Alex McCoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Watson Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:36 pm

Artemis coughed out of uncomfort, nudging Alex before gesturing to the table. "Um... Help?" He muttered, still struggling to focus his eyes on anything, especially avoiding eye contact with either of the two.
Artemis Watson
Artemis Watson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty Purgold Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:46 pm

Marty walked into the room and sat down where there was an empty seat. He felt out of place here but tried not to say anything. He watched Alex and Lara fight.
Marty Purgold
Marty Purgold

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex McCoy Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:51 pm

"Yeah, sorry." Alex said, turning to Artemis, quickly grabbing some of the papers, scanning them and then laying them out on the tablein the right order. "Hey Mart, glad you could join us." Alex said as he scanned the papers. "I believe we can start without Scar, Colin, you can brief her and Drake right?" He asked, with which Colin nodded.
Alex McCoy
Alex McCoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilibae Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:53 pm

Eve walked out of the elevator, into the sub-basement of the institute. Finally, away from the blasted scent of pimple-cream. Ugh. Just then some red-headed girl with no fashion sense darted out of the room she was headed to. She stood in place and watched her speed walk past, tears being blinked back for whatever reason Eve didn't care about. She shrugged as the elevator doors closed, and the girl's composure started to break. Not her business. "Here," Eve said, walking into the meeting room. "Speaking of," she said, taking a black hair band from her lab coat pocket, tying her silver hair back. "Why exactly am I here?"
She looked around with those intense blue eyes at everyone. Telepath, she said internally, as she saw Arty.
Boss, as she looked over Alex.
And students, she thought, nodding to Blake and co.
"And what's with the flyers in everyone's mailboxes? I don't receive mail, from anyone." She folded her arms. "Is that what this meeting is about?"

Lilibae

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty Purgold Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:57 pm

"Yeah; no problem..." Marty said leaning back in his chair. He didn't know why he was here. He was clearly a bit awkward around these other people.
Marty Purgold
Marty Purgold

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Watson Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:09 pm

"Thanks." He muttered, moving to stand in the group's general viewpoint. "Hey Eve." He said, looking over the information. 'Briefing, 'bout the flyers', he thought, 'sending' the message to Eve. "Alright. Basically a representative of... Gene-Tech? Is visiting, 15-30-minute presentation for the school." He announced. "According to their website, the company is... Designed to utilize the X-Gene through genetic engineering for future generations to make children smarter, stronger, and to provide a better future. They're scouting for volunteers at the moment." He paused, looking over the group again.

"Obviously they've taken interest in us. We're considering a tour of their headquarters, though that depends on the aftermath of the presentation." He continued, stepping away from the table a bit.
Artemis Watson
Artemis Watson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty Purgold Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:12 pm

"And they intend to use our x-genes? I mean, doesn't that seem odd to anyone else?" Marty asked looking to Alex.
Marty Purgold
Marty Purgold

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Watson Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:14 pm

"No, not at all. That's why we're planning to go to their headquarters and find out what they're doing, exactly." Artemis replied, rolling his eyes. "Anything that isn't treading-slash-insulting?"
Artemis Watson
Artemis Watson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum