The X-Men Are Back.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rebirth of a great team.

+4
Alex McCoy
Artemis Watson
Blake Olson
Colin Wagner
8 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Rebirth of a great team. - Page 2 Empty Re: Rebirth of a great team.

Post by Artemis Watson Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:04 am

Artemis was quick to shut--and lock--the door, eyes wide as his smile dissipated. "What the fuck is going on with you, Alex?!" He near-shouted, eyes darting to inspect his ex-teammate. "I haven't seen any of you in like--Six, seven, ten years? And you look exactly the same?!" He continued, removing his glasses.
Artemis Watson
Artemis Watson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex McCoy Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:05 am

"Well, age is one thing I came here to talk to you about. But you, know how I am with words. So can you just..." He said, motioning to his head, awkwardly smiling.
Alex McCoy
Alex McCoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Watson Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:12 am

Artemis sighed, rolling his eyes as he leaned against the door. As he folded his arms, he focused his eyes on the floor, beginning to inspect Alex's mind. He looked up to Alex as he processed the information, raising a brow almost accusingly, before moving on to the dream. He returned focus to the floor, beginning to consider the given information as he broke the telepathic link. "Well, thanks for telling me that you're immortal." He began, before adjusting his posture. "Secondly, this whole... Dream thing, you sure you're not like... Just, dreaming?"
Artemis Watson
Artemis Watson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex McCoy Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:14 am

"At first, Yeah. I thought I was dreaming. But then it kept happening. Over and Over. And each time, one specific thing was different. Each time, a different person died. But the thing is, I killed them. I don't know why. I don't know how. But I just do. And last night, it was you." He said, looking at the floor. "I've searched my head a thousand times, and each time, it's coming up as a actual memory. And not a dream."
Alex McCoy
Alex McCoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Watson Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:50 am

Artemis' eyes widened once again at the mention of his murder, followed by the memory information. "Well, sounds like a real problem," Artemis said, shrugging as he began to move from the door. He settled on the small couch just a few feet away, eyes locked on Alex for the most part. "Do you... By chance, happen to know how old the team you killed is...?" He asked, raising a brow. Surely if it was the younger crowd, the older group would never exist, right?

Last edited by Artemis Watson on Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Artemis Watson
Artemis Watson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex McCoy Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:21 pm

"No, because it was weird. One of the Avengers was there as well. And, I don't know. But everyone looked like they used to, but not quite. I can't really explain it." Alex said, obviously frustrated as he stammered to find the right words.
Alex McCoy
Alex McCoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Jones Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:38 pm

Elsewhere, Lucas and Drake had their own endeavors. Lucas had become a mechanic in their small town, not straying far away from New York City. Lucas wheeled out from the underside of his own car he had been working on since the departure of X-Men. Lucas and Drake did not look aged, part of their abilities. Lucas stood, grabbing a towel and wiping the grease from his hands and sweat from his forehead. He stood with his hands on his hips, examining the car. Lucas was getting by on blood bags from the local hospital, and the occasional Bambi. They lived in a house, affordable by their family heritage.
Lucas Jones
Lucas Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Thorne Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:01 pm

The rumble of Drake's 1968 black droptop Mustang could be heard as he pulled into the mechanic shop. He parked, blasting 'I'm not a vampire." By Falling in Reverse. Fitting, I know. He sat in the car, bobbing his head to the music, while hitting his hands on the steering wheel. For the first year or two he was silent, wreckless, and out of control. He had lost the only piece of humanity he had. Scarlet. But it wasn't his fault. He had caught her cheating while on one of those 'jobs'.

Rebirth of a great team. - Page 2 529_main_f
Drake Thorne
Drake Thorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Watson Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:14 pm

"Alright, at least we... Sort of, know it's not like, Modern 'us'--I think... I dunno, man, why even come to me?" Arty called, shrugging some. His thumb pressed against the pale skin just under his forehead, between his eyes. As he attempted to piece the dream's implications together, he spoke. "Kris and--Shit--Colin, uh... Aren't they like, the seasoned veterans with that whole nuclear family dream-thing?"
Artemis Watson
Artemis Watson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex McCoy Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:17 pm

"I guess, but the last I heard about them, Kris was pregnant. And that was almost a year ago." Alex said, sighing. "I came to you, because I was hoping you'd be able to help. I guess not. Sorry for worrying you." Alex said, looking at the ground as he headed for the door.
Alex McCoy
Alex McCoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Jones Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:36 pm

Lucas watched as Drake's car pulled in, approaching the driver's side. He banged on the car hood, "Get the hell out of your car or turn down the music!" He shouted, attempting to speak over the music. Lucas had taken Drake to parties and out for drinks to distract him from his break-up. He was disappointed with Scarlet, but guessed it before it happened. Lucas, himself, had found no love for his life, and often kept himself occupied with fixing up cars.
Lucas Jones
Lucas Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Thorne Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:38 pm

Drake turned down the music, and then pulled the keys out of the ignition. He got out, closing the door behind him. "What? I can't listen to music without you going full mom mode?" Drake asked, grinning. The two got along perfectly, always having something to laugh about, and always helping each other out. He'd probably be dead somewhere if it wasn't for lucas. Or worse, killing everything and everyone in sight.
Drake Thorne
Drake Thorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Watson Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:40 pm

"Ah, shit..." Artemis muttered, lowering his hand before moving his legs onto the couch. He turned his body to face the door--and Alex--lower legs pressed into the seat as support."Wait. I'll... Do what I can, but... We're gonna' need help, right? I mean, the two of us can't just figure this out on our own." He called, eyes almost pleading for a positive response after he spoke.
Artemis Watson
Artemis Watson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Olson Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:41 pm

The power came back, and the rain slowly dissipated. Kris enjoyed Colin's warmth, "Well, at least we don't have to figure out bills to maintain hundreds of young adults and children." Kris said, looking up at Colin. She enjoyed her life with Colin, and often felt guilty of her reluctance to try to have a child. Kris looked at her phone, noticing it was now 11 AM.
Blake Olson
Blake Olson

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex McCoy Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:43 pm

"Look, just forget I was here. It's probably nothing. I'll just lock myself in the insano cell. Until I know it's safe to come out." Alex said, opening the door and stepping out into the hallway.
Alex McCoy
Alex McCoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Wagner Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:45 pm

"That's true." Colin said, catching a glimpse of her phone. "11. That's it?" He sighed, not wanting to get up. He loved being with her. And, as he wanted kids. He wanted her to be happy more. "Want to just crawl back into bed and do nothing for the day? We're both off, and that rarely happens anymore." He said quietly.
Colin Wagner
Colin Wagner
Admin

https://x-men-reborn.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Jones Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:47 pm

Lucas smirked, "Obviously not." He said, and began walking inside the shop, "What'd you do today, besides driving around town with a song playing your life story?" He questioned. He opened a computer, checking his shops' income and whatnot. Lucas didn't really do anything else besides hanging out with Drake or fixing up cars. It was a daily routine for him, now. If he reminisced to the olden days, he had neutral feelings. He didn't feel much different then to now.
Lucas Jones
Lucas Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Olson Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:51 pm

"Might as well," Kris said, worming out from behind Colin. She rolled onto the ground and stood, "See you in bed then." She said, with a smile. Kris made her way into the bedroom, closing the wooden door behind her.
Blake Olson
Blake Olson

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Watson Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:54 pm

"Fucking great work, Artster..." Artemis muttered to himself, climbing over the couch. Using his telekinesis to keep his feet on the ground when he landed, he near ran out of the apartment. "Alex--Fuck, wait! Helping, remember? We used to be friends n'shit?!" He called, standing just outside the doorframe.
Artemis Watson
Artemis Watson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Wagner Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:58 pm

Colin got up, turning off the lights in the living room and kitchen before going to their room. Closing the door behind him. He jumped into bed, over Kris. "I've got a fight tomorrow night. So tonight I've got to go train a bit. Want to come with me?" He asked, the way they made their income was his MMA fights. And soon he was going to go pro. He was undefeated in regionals.
Colin Wagner
Colin Wagner
Admin

https://x-men-reborn.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Thorne Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:00 pm

"Got us a stock pile of blood bags from a hospital that is closed because of a termite problem." Drake said, motioning toward the trunk. "Picked you up this," Drake said, opening the backdoor and showing the rest of what was showing over the door. It was a brand new engine for his car. "Picked it up this morning. Four Cylinder big block." He grinned, knowing Lucas had been wanting this for the longest, but never actually got it.
Drake Thorne
Drake Thorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Olson Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:21 pm

Kris sighed, "It's so much work, though." Kris contemplated her plans for tonight, "Fine, I'll come with you." She was happy for Colin, and encouraged his MMA ways. Sometimes he would come home covered in bruises, but most times he came home with a grin on his face and a prize. Kris worked as a teacher for kindergartners, and loved her job.
Blake Olson
Blake Olson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Jones Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:49 pm

Lucas turned his attention to the engine, walking over to it in amazement. "Wow, thanks man." He said, checking the sides of the engine and each nook and cranny. Lucas needed an engine for his car, one of the last installments he needed for the car to function right. This engine accomplished all Lucas' expectations of his car, and exceeded them. "How much did it cost?" He asked.
Lucas Jones
Lucas Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake Thorne Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:21 am

"Nothing." Drake said, tapping his temple. "The guy refused to sell it to me. So, I used a bit of compulsion. But it's not stealing, I asked if he would give it to me, in return for my working for him. And with a little supernatural push, it worked." Drake said, smiling.
Drake Thorne
Drake Thorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Jones Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:03 am

Lucas sighed, "You can't go around compelling people, Drake." He said, "Things are going to go downhill if our entire town is compelled." Lucas stated. Lucas hadn't compelled in his time here, he found it dishonest and un-heroic like. "Just because we aren't superheroes anymore doesn't mean we can stop being good people."
Lucas Jones
Lucas Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum